Unlock the secrets of the best call centers - and find out how to apply them in your organization!
The industry's highest-rated seminar - attended by more managers than any other call center seminar.
Attend ICMI's flagship seminar and build a solid foundation for successful call center management. You'll learn breakthrough strategies and techniques you can apply for years to come to ensure extraordinary customer service and achieve your personal career goals.
You'll discover powerful ways to.
- Create a planning culture
- Meet service levels consistently
- Forecast the workload with accuracy
- Develop accurate schedules
- Manage the queue in real-time
- Communicate unique call center dynamics
- Set the right performance objectives
- Improve quality and efficiency
- Win the support and recognition of top management
And you'll gain a wealth of benefits including strategies to.
- Reduce abandonment rates and recover lost customers
- Manage a wide range of contact channels
- Exceed customer expectations
- Raise performance standards
- Reduce call center costs and improve your bottom line
- The call center profession
- How skills and knowledge are developing
- How the best centers operate
- Definition of call center management
- The driving forces of call centers
- Random call arrival
- Visible and invisible queues
- Seven factors affecting caller tolerance
- An effective planning process
- The nine interrelated planning steps
- Developing a proven planning process
- Service level and response time
- Choosing the right objectives
- How quality and accessibility interrelate
- The impact of the multichannel environment
- Acquiring the data you need
- Spanning organizational boundaries
- Avoiding "info-glut"
- Forecasting the workload
- Understanding call volume and call load
- Proven forecasting methods
- Blending quantitative and judgmental approaches
- Avoiding ten common forecasting mistakes
- Setting accuracy goals
- Staffing the right way
- Defining answer groups
- Erlang C and computer simulation
- Staffing email, networks, skills-based routing,
long calls and blended environments
- Indispensable calculations and projections
- Base staff and trunks required
- Occupancy and adherence to schedule
- Anticipating growth
- Factoring in non-phone activities
- The implications of the "immutable laws"
- Service level versus occupancy
- The powerful pooling principle
- Staff versus trunks and network costs
- The dynamics of group size
- The law of diminishing returns
- Organizing effective schedules
- Available alternatives
- Preparing for exceptions
- Getting buy-in from staff
- Schedule adherence - without autocracy
- Cultivating collaboration and buy-in throughout
- Why (and how) your agents should be involved
in the planning process
- Making a case to senior management
- Coordinating with other departments
- Real-time management
- The information to watch
- The "where is everybody?" issue
- Understanding caller behavior
- Identifying feasible real-time actions
- Utilizing real-time strategies appropriately
- Improving quality and efficiency
- Service level with quality
- Beyond platitudes - improving the process
- Quality improvement tools
- Performance measurements
- How actions may conflict with objectives
- What to measure - individuals
- What to measure - the call center as a whole
- Essential principles of people management
- Leading practices and your professional development
- Characteristics of leading call centers
- Your professional career path and development
- Action plan
- A comprehensive course manual
- Glossary of call center terms
- Article reprints and studies
- FREE software including a suite of useful tools
- A certificate of completion
Demonstrate the knowledge you've gained with an ICMI Knowledge Certificate! After the seminar, you may choose to take an online quiz to demonstrate the knowledge you've gained. When you pass the quiz, we'll send you an ICMI Knowledge Certificate. There is no additional charge for the ICMI Knowledge Certificate Program.
Who should attend?
This exceptional seminar delivers plans, strategies and success secrets guaranteed to improve your operations and boost the value of your call center.
ICMI's program repeatedly garners high praise from directors, managers, analysts and supervisors in a wide range of commercial and government sectors including those involved in: customer service, sales, help desks, claims, reservations, information centers, hotlines, emergency services and consumer affairs.
In-Person Seminar Cancellation Policy
Confirmed registrations can be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the program without penalty. Any cancellations within 14 days of the scheduled class are subject to a cancellation charge of $150. Registrants who do not cancel 7 days in advance are subject to a cancellation charge of $600. The balance of fees paid can be applied to another in-person seminar. You may send a substitute at any time without penalties. Applies to all in-person seminars except Six Sigma.
In the event we must cancel a seminar for any reason, we will be responsible only for refunding the actual seminar registration fees received.
“Best course for call center management that I have attended and I have been in the call center arena for 11 years!”
Patti Moore, Training and Development Manager, Monitronics International, Inc.
“Best use of my training dollars in a long while!”
Sharon Byrd, Manager, Communication Center, Duke University
“This course is more than what I expected. It was awesome and very informative.”
Janice O'Nell, Project Manager, Dell
Call Center Learning Solutions "Training the voice of your business" ©